Physical NETbots, WorKShoP.
DO-IT-VIRAL!!!!!!!!! This Workshop focuses on basic circuit development and welding. BEAM is a type of robotics that stands for Biology, Electronics, Aesthetics, and Mechanics. It works by taking the human body capacitance as input, through conductive material, and interacts with another graphical interface on capacitive surfaces like touch-screens. The contact between both interfaces, cause a physical reaction (gravity, friction, vibration).
Theoretically, this workshop addressed to those who have concerns about critical Interfaces, new media, cultural politics and non-conformism towards the Internet data management, especially tracking Web site location and Web site analysis, design homogenization and GUI standards.
Interfight is a series of physical bots, designed to complicate the relationship between systems, but also a paradoxical method to emphasizes the presence of the interfaces in our lives. They provide wrong information for tracking web site location, fighting against the design homogenization and GUI standards.
Interfight becomes especially interesting when it behaves freely through the tablet operating system. It acts as intruder: clicking, opening and closing applications, taking decisions, collapsing social networks, typing random comments and posting then in your name.
One-day workshop taught by: email@example.com
– AMRO 2016, Art Meets Radical Openness, Festival dedicated to Art, Hacktivism and Open Culture,25-28/06/2016.Linz (Austria).
– ARS ELECTRONICA CENTER, Interface Culture Pop Up Show at AEC, 30/04/2016 Linz (Austria).
– INTERFACE POLITICS, 1º International conferences. HANGAR, Production and Research Centre for Visual Arts in Barcelona. Bau, Design College of Barcelona.26/04/2016.
– ISMAR2015 14th. International Symposium on Mixed and Augmented Reality, Fukuoka (Japan). PDF Catalog
– SPECULUM ARTIUM 2015, 7th international festival of new media culture. Trbovlje (Slovenia).
– ARS ELECTRONICA 2015. Post City,Linz (Austria).
– HANGAR. Center for Art Research and Production, Barcelona MEMBRANA – Residency For Artistic Interface Criticism PIPES Participatory Investigation of Public Engaging Spaces. collaborative project of the European cultural associations: ZKM | Karlsruhe, CIANT (Prague), HANGAR (Barcelona) and BRAINZ (Prague).